Compliance, Safety and Accountability
Coastal provides tailored programs addressing issues affecting CSA scores that can help identify and correct issues before they become a problem.
BASICs and Example Violations
- Unsafe Driving: Operation of CMVs by drivers in a dangerous or careless manner
- Hours-of-Service (HOS) compliance: Operation of CMVs by drivers who are ill, fatigued, or in noncompliance with the HOS regulations. This BASIC includes violations of regulations pertaining to records of duty status (RODS) as they relate to HOS requirements and the management of CMV driver fatigue.
- Driver Fitness: Operation of CMVs by drivers who are unfit to operate a CMV due to lack of training, experience, or medical qualifications
- Controlled Substances/Alcohol: Operation of CMVs by drivers who are impaired due to alcohol, illegal drugs, and misuse of prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Vehicle Maintenance: Failure to properly maintain a CMV and/or
to properly prevent shifting loads
- Hazardous Materials (M) Compliance: Unsafe handling of HM on a CMV
- Crash Indicator: Histories or patterns of high crash involvement, including frequency and severity, based on information from state-reported crashes
Coastal’s staff can work with you to design the program that best suits your company’s needs, including training programs ranging from complete training solutions to supplemental, integrated programs to benefit your existing policies.
This includes commercial drivers license training, ongoing training for existing drivers, driver evaluation, individualized tutoring, and recommendations for fleets of any size.
Driver Training Programs
Class A CDL Entry Level
- 160 Hour Course
- 150 Hour Course
Class B CDL Entry Level
- 80 Hour Course
- 40 Hour Passenger Course
- Class A 40 Hours
- Class B 40 Hours
- Defensive Driving 40 Hours
- Driver Assessments
- Tutoring by the Hour
- Third Party Examination
Test rental vehicles available.
Third Party Examiner
Authorized third-party examiner for the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles. Testing for Class A, B, C, school bus, and passenger endorsement.
Quality + Convenience
At Coastal Truck Driving School, customer satisfaction is our top priority. We offer training at our multiple locations or on-site training for your convenience. To keep your business going, our programs can be designed around your company’s work schedule.