Coastal Truck Driving School Requirements for Admission
At Coastal Truck Driving School, we pride ourselves on accepting and helping students no matter their situation. Whether you are just starting out or you’re looking to switch careers after 30 years in another industry, we’ll help you get on the path you want to be on. Start enjoying the great benefits of being a commercial driver when you meet the Coastal Truck Driving School requirements and put your application in today.
The federal and state governments have certain requirements for commercial drivers who cross state lines and international borders.
Coastal Truck Driving School upholds those requirements when training new commercial drivers or testing current drivers. Please see the Coastal Truck Driving School requirements and the commercial driver’s license requirements below and contact our admissions representatives for additional information regarding admission.
Commercial Driver’s License Requirements
- Applicant must complete an Admissions Application.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license prior to enrollment.
- Applicant must possess a social security card.
- Applicant must pass the Department of Transportation physical exam and a drug test.
- Applicant must meet the requirements of the Motor Carrier Federal Safety Regulations, section 391, Qualifications of Drivers.
- Applicant must have a clean driving record. Specifically, no DWI/DUI violations within the last five years; no more than 3 moving violations in a three-year period with no more than two in the past year.
- Applicants with felony convictions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to help the applicants determine their job placement probability. *
- Applicant must have verifiable work history going back 10 years unless precluded by age, in which case the history must go back to the time applicant left school. Periods of unemployment will also require verification. *
- Applicant must be 21 years old. Exceptions will be made for persons at least 18 years old who can prove an ability to benefit from the program and can provide a legitimate pre-hire letter as a commercial driver. *
* Laws governing the transportation industry provide strict guidelines regarding drivers of vehicles, which cross state lines and international borders. Please contact an admissions representative for additional information.
Meet Coastal Truck Driving School Requirements? Apply Today!
If you believe you meet all the Coastal Truck Driving School requirements, then contact us or apply today. We’ll ensure you get the CDL training you need to start your career as a commercial driver.
If you have questions about the Coastal Truck Driving School requirements or you’re unsure if you meet the commercial driver’s license requirements, contact our admissions representatives. We can advise you on your best course of action or help you discover if you’re eligible to apply today.